A BRA THAT FITS & A CAN OPENER THAT WORKS

Saturday, September 23, 2006

I don't really post about foster parenting alot. For different reasons, I guess. Their privacy, not that I use names, or no time, too much detail, ect, ect.
But today I feel the need to just vent I think.
We've had our little girl for 7 months, we got her when she was 5 months old. We had her longer than her mom had. Her mother never visited the alotted time given her by the courts,first 1 day
a week for 3 hours, then 2 days a week for 3 hours, but she never seemed to be able to stay but maybe 2 of the 3 hours, or she would just come 1 of the 2 days. I would tell the social worker of my concerns about her bonding with her mother to no avail. then the courts gave her 2 days a week for 4 hours PLUS an overnight visit. All the sudden she didn't have time to come during the week, and I'll just take the overnight visit thank you very much. She would come pick her up 2 hours before her bedtime and bring her around 3 the next day. I asked for an emergency meeting with the judge to let the court know of my concern with the lack of bonding taking place last month. They called me yesterday at work @ 3:45 and said," please have "your little girls" things packed and take her to her mother tonight (and can arrange a time with the mother) she now has custody of her. I was speachless.
Sometimes I wonder why I do this. This can't be what God wants me to do. What difference did I make in this little girl's life or that of the mother?
I've just been sucker punched in the chest.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger Shash said…

    I shake my head at the system most times! I have seen them do pretty mind-boggling things over the years. We have good friends who foster and we tried to foster as well but that's a long story, of which I've blogged about... but anyways... I pray for change!! God has a better way and one day I hope to see it in the foster system.

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger Shash said…

    Here's our story with the fostering agency.

    http://shasherslife.blogspot.com/2006/06/fostering.html

    and a follow up is here.

    http://shasherslife.blogspot.com/2006/07/fostering-part-2.html

    and through this all.... I still want to foster. I've always wanted to foster.

    One day!

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger C. H. Green said…

    This has to be a tough thing to deal with. I would not do well with it, I know. Found your blog through mugwumpmom. Will be back.

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger MugwumpMom said…

    Can't even imagine what you are going through,but rest assured,you made a huge difference in her life! You may not see the fruit now but this little girl's spirit will remember even if her cognitive mind does not..and someday her spirit will respond to the call of God and the seed you planted.
    I pray peace, grace and strength to you.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home