A BRA THAT FITS & A CAN OPENER THAT WORKS

Thursday, August 10, 2006

BOOKS YOU MUST READ!
these are the all time must reads for this summer!I absolutly love,LOVE, LOVE Joshilyn Jackson, her two books:-gods IN Alabama ~~really, really good novel, the end is a mind bender....and-Between, Georgia ~~ also a really really good novel, both great books to take to the beach-LIFE OF PI by yann martel ~~a little deep, a little wierd, ALOT of big words to drag out the dictionary for. but well worth your effort-FALLING LEAVES by Adeline Yen Mah~~ will give you insight to another world, another time & people & make you a little happier about your childhood
-Ursula, Under by....ummm I can't remember her name, but you will not be disappointed in this book, it is GREAT
-WIFE AND SISTERS by NATALIE COLLINS ~~ GREAT BOOK
- The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwars, I just finished this book, IT'S GREAT!!
AND ANYTHING BY MY HERO LEWIS GRIZZARD, GOD BLESS HIS HEART.
ANYONE HAVING READ LIFE OF PI WANT TO WEIGH IN? WAS THAT DEEP OR WHAT? OR MAYBE NOT DEEP AT ALL

4 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger MugwumpMom said…

    Hi,
    Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday. Nice to meet you.
    Yes, I read Life of Pi and found it very thought provoking. I remember drawing a conclusion back when I read it when it first came out, but don't want to give anything away...besides, now I'd have to read it again to see if I'd have the same perspective. Thanks for the reminder. Think I'll take it camping with me when we go at the end of the month.

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Linds said…

    Hi,

    Happened to stumble upon your site. Just had to say that I, too, have read Gods in Alabama and oh my gosh, was it INCREDIBLE. Yes, the end really was a "mind bender".

    Glad to see you enjoyed it as well. Thanks for all of the other recommendations. I'll have to check 'em out. : )

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Yellow Mama said…

    Okay, I can't remember the last book I read. I'm a Lisa Bevere fan and pick up her books to read parts from time to time. I pretty much stick to the Bible and then I read on the internet historical stuff which relates to what I am studying. I guess you might say, I'm a bit of a historical buff.

    I think I told you before my daughter was in the Marines but got discharged. She is still having some trouble with her hip and knee, but is glad to be out. She grew up a lot while there, but her platoon is headed for Iraq.

    I have the utmost respect for those who go to defend us.

    Please come back and visit any time you can...

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger theresa said…

    I loved The Life of Pi. It's an amazing story of survival and how the mind can work in am extrememly difficult situation. If you like that book, try "Water for Elephants" I read that 2 months ago and I still keep thinking about how great it was.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home